Danneskiold-Samsøes Allé 53
What would Karl Lagerfeld, Jørgen Leth and Mervyn Kurlansky look like if they we carved out in wood? A group of students from KADK have teamed up with strong Danish profiles over the age of 75 which have inspired the students to create new furniture experiments. Now their prototypes from the Stockholm Furniture Fair 2015 are shown at the KADK Gallery.
12 bachelor students have challenged the concepts of age and tradition in an intensive furniture experiment which they have named "75+". You could see their prototypes at the the fair for upcoming designere at Stockholm Furniture and Light Fair 2015. And now the chairs have moved to Copenhagen to the KADK Gallery.
The exhibition is open weekdays 10 am - 5 pm.
The students attend the furniture programme at the Insitute of Architecture and Design where architects and designers work together on two education programmes which share a strong Danish furniture tradtion. But for once it's not about the great alumni of the past: Hans J. Wegner, Børge Mogensen, Poul Kjærholm, Nanna Ditzel, Grete Jalk mv., but in stead the inspiration come from contemperary charasmatic 75+:
- Dorrit Willumsen, Author
- Karl Lagerfeld, Fashion Designer
- Kate Galle Gottlieb, Former Vice President of the Danish Maritime Authority
- Ursula Munch-Petersen, Ceramic Designer
- Jørgen Leth, Film Director, Author.
- Mervyn Kurlansky, Grafic Designer
- Jørgen Bækmark, Architekt
- Lise Nørgaard, Journalist, Author
- Merethe Stagetorn, Defense Attorney
- Bjørn Elmquist, Lawyer, former politician
- Ghita Nørby, Actor
- Preben Wilhjelm, Former Politician