You need a qualifying exam to be eligible for admission.
In a Danish context a qualifying exam is at the level of Upper Secondary Education at level 4 in the European Qualification Framework.
In addition you also need proficiency in English equal to the Danish level English B.
We do not require a certain grade point average in your qualifying exam.
If you do not hold a qualifying exam, you can apply for a dispensation. Please see our section on this topic.
What is a qualifying exam?
If you have passed one of the below mentioned exams, you can apply for admission:
- Danish "Studentereksamen" (stx), Danish "Højere forberedelseseksamen" (hf) uden overbygning, Danish "Højere handelseksamen" (hhx), Danish "Højere teknisk eksamen" (htx)
- Danish "Studiekompetencegivende eksamen i forbindelse med erhvervsuddannelse" (eux)
- Similar exams from Faroe Islands and Greenland and exams from "Duborg-Skolen" and "A.P. Møller Skolen"
- Danish "Gymnasiale indslusningskurser for fremmedsprogede" (GIF)
- Danish/French Baccalauréat (DFB), European Baccalauréat (EB), International Baccalauréat (IB) or Option Internationale du Baccalauréat (OIB), Danish-German "studentereksamen" (DIAP)
- Foreign exams, etc. recognized in Denmark as equivalent to a qualifying exam including exams from other EU countries and from EEA countries
- Vocational Education and Training (relevant erhvervsuddannelse) at level 4 in EQF which is relevant to the Crafts programme.
Finishing secondary school this year?
If you complete your qualifying exam after 15 March and before 5 July, you need to list it in your application on Optagelse.dk. Once you have passed your exam, you must upload your diploma for your application on Optagelse.dk. The deadline for this is 5 July at 1200 CET.
Do you hold a foreign degree?
or if in doubt whether it is qualifying, you can examine it in the exam handbook at: www.ufm.dk. Look under your country and go to the "Examinations". For selected countries/examinations, you can also see instructions below. The instructions are in Danish only, and primarily for Nordic countries.
KADK offers pre-assessments of foreign high school diplomas before 1 February. Mail us your diploma as early as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After 1 February we cannot offer pre-assements.
We recommend that you create an application on optagelse.dk as early as possible. Only in this way are we able to help, if your exam does not meet our requirements or documentation is missing.