MA Fashion, Clothing & Textiles strives to be brave. The new programme is built on the belief that profound change in and through fashion is needed.
Students are encouraged to engage in critical, innovative approaches to the practice of fashion, clothing and textile design both as a creative practice and a global industry.
Since 2016, KADK has been working with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Fashion, Clothing & Textiles aims to educate fashion and textile designers that are committed to exploring smart, alternative materials and methods in design as well as developing groundbreaking strategies for sustainable development.
Responsible production and consumption lie at the core of the programme – from considerations on design for longevity, circularity, re-use/re-purpose, zero-waste, textiles to cultural, societal and gender issues and the creative development of form while still maintaining the artistic and innovative concepts.
The master programme aims to:
- Provide a stimulating study environment that enables artistic development, academic, strategic and critical thinking.
- Instigate a critical approach, questioning existing standards.
- Develop a sustainable mindset and understanding.
- Develop detailed knowledge of design methods and theory combined with hands-on experiments, material and craftmanship.
- Challenge to explore new technologies and new materials.
- Provide in-depth analytical, reflective and communicative skills.
Rooted in the tradition of Danish Design coupled with an international outlook, it is our aim to educate a new generation of fashion, clothing and textile designers with the skills and reflective mindset to effect real change.