We welcome applications from bachelor and master students looking to experience studying at KADK. Students can apply to study with us for one or two semesters on one of our architecture or design programmes.
To apply, students must:
- be currently enrolled on a bachelor or master degree in architecture or design.
- be attending a school/university with whom we do not have an exchange agreement.
- bachelor students must have completed at least 1 year of studies by the time they start.
Important: Due to the limited capacity, it is only possible for tuition-fee-paying students to apply. We are not able to accept applications from students with EU/EEA or Swiss citizenship, or applicants with Danish residence permits entitling them to free education in Denmark.
For more information regarding tuition fees, please see under Downloads in right-hand menu.
Applicants are able to apply for one of the following study programmes in architecture and design.
- 1 April for the autumn semester or full study year
- 1 October for the spring semester
Applications must be received by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
Due to a limited number of study places, please be aware that applicants are not guaranteed a place. We strongly recommend that students consider alternatives in case we are not able to offer them a place.
Applicants for our English programmes are not required to submit a TOEFL/IELTS test; however, they are expected to have a high level of proficiency in English.
While it is possible for non-Danish-speaking students to study Danish programmes, please be aware that the main teaching language is Danish, with guidance being available in English.
Accessibility for students with special needs
With regard to accessibility for students with special needs (e.g. wheelchair access), please note that due to the protected status of many of our buildings that special access is limited.
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: "Application for a Visiting Student, your name"):
- Application Form for Visiting Students (see under Downloads in right-hand menu)
- Portfolio (max 15 MB)
- Transcript of Records
- Letter from your university/school confirming that you are enrolled and approved for the study abroad period you are applying for
- Letter of Motivation
We aim to give students an official answer as to whether we can offer them a study place six weeks after the application deadline. In order to process visa applications, we must receive proof of payment of the tuition fee within 10 days from receiving the study place offer.